Friday, October 3, 2008

Sparkling Merlot

I admit it. Im a sucker for sparkling wine.
Yesterday I enjoyed one of these moments where wine and company in mysterious synergistic ways make the world spin.
When I kind of came round again, I found myself few meters from home with red deer, chestnuts and a bottle of Australian Merlot - and my "life is to short for bad red wine, so I rather stay with champagne" was replaced by
"now we´re talking".
Uhhhh. I give in. When red wine is good, it is very good.
Yesterday was a delightfull exploration of jumping in at the deep end letting go of old views, and discovery of the fact, that 100 meters from my door is a highly recommendable restaurant, which the Michelin Guide discovered long before I did.
Ah. Better late than never.
Life is sweet.
Tasty, rich and surprising like an Australian Merlot a rainy Thuesday night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So you've met another 'sparkling' Australian?

Dot said...

In deed!

Followers