Thursday, March 5, 2009

Age

This weekend was a celebrating one. It began with my 3 decade aniversary Friday morning with coffee, friends, family and mum´s kikskage all over in my little hut. Later the evening turned into night with spakling wine and ladies, the best sushi ever (Sushi Do is highly recommendable) and Anders, the boxer who showed up as bartender. Though injured in the ring, he mixed white russians and mojitos in a manner that blew all my ambivalence to drinks away.
Saturday I went to my Grandmum in Jutland. Since she couldn´t come to have kikskage at my place, I came to her with it and had a cozy celebration and sleep over. She too gets older - 91 - I wish to standby the tick-tock clock in her living room, so I should not worry, if this see you is the last. That´s life. And I am grateful she is in it with me still.

My autie Doris turned 70 Sunday, which we celebrated in Holsted, and it was a great day, talking to cousins, laughing as asked "er du (j)ene?" (are you single, with a special dialect, indicating I am lacking another half) and told how big I had turned! Ain´t is amazing still to hear this as 30 year old?
Me and my cousin found a comforting thing to remember, if we ever find ourselves crying because of this life, where nothing stays the same. While everything is changing - Holsted Central hotel stays the same! It was a sweet reunion with the brown tilefloor at the ladies room, where we during so many family celebrations as girls made time pass. At the menu a new thing has been sneaking in - the brand new invention: Whiskey sauce!
30 - but still the little sister. My sister tied a blue balloon to my bag. How I wished my niece and nephew had been there with me. Instead they had been bussy making drawings and handcraft, and I found myself proudly showing all my guest these master pieces...! It´s love!
This is a heartbreaker too. And fortunately he didn´t miss my birthday. Jens is 2 months and the only man invited for the girls night (besides the drinks master), which everybody enjoyed. Absolutely adorable. Like my girlfriends.
30 works for me.

No comments:

Followers