Monday, December 22, 2008

Expectations & Aeropress

I know the analalogy to other existential themes is obvious, but I am actually only refering to my coffeeexperience today, when pointing out the fact, that what you have been longing for, sometimes appears not to be, what you expected, when you finally get it. Today it was the case - it was different - though good.
As the reader might have noticed, I don´t hesitate to proclaim the Gatundu coffee from Tim Wendelbo, Oslo, as my favourite. And now I am the lucky one to recieve a new roast of the last batch. Today is the day, where I have finished all other beanleftovers, and I made the precious Gatundu perfectly following the Aeropress recipe.
And it sure is a good cup of coffee.... but.. was this, what I have been talking so much about, longing for to have in my cup again...?
The first zip was not what I thought should be an explosion of blackcurrant, strawberries and a hint of HubbaBubbagum on my tongue...
Hmm....
But then. As I am blogging and zipping it appears - the very clean and acidic taste - that I like. It is more wood-like to me this time, and that´s why coffee is not just coffee, as some might sneer, when I decline Merrild and rather enjoys a cup of tea.
Coffee is a wonder with a fascinating variety, and so are my taste buds. Tomorrow I might find the same coffee very different.
Speaking of wonders, the Aeropress is a coffeewonder, I like what it does to the coffee, and i LOVE the fact, that it is so easy to clean, which sometimes actually can stop me from making me a french press.
Explore the Aeropress through the title - or somebody show me how to add Htmls in the text, please?

No comments:

Followers