Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Faces

Being auntie is best and best are these sparkling moments just before bedtime.
According to my nephew, best at the moment is my cameraphone. Best would be, if we could snap photoes of us making faces all the time.
The rule of the game is clear: each have in turn the right to decide which grimace everyone should do for next photo.
That´s how grandmum is prevented from saying, we are not allowed to stick our tongues out or look very bad. When it´s her turn, she is free to direct everyone to look like the kids of her dreams.
That´s the best.
Having these photosessions reveals interesting developmental changes from christmas till now - while my nephew still wants to be in front all the time making the scariest faces, my niece has gone into the "I want to look pretty and nice/model-like"-age. Untill recent she was the best in making nasty faces, but now the scene has changed.
Best is the fact, that he is too young and I´m too old not to enjoy the time for sticking our tongues out on the world being as ugly as we can.



That nobody is too old for reading stories, hugging and kissing till we sleep -
that´s the best.

No comments:

Followers