Sunday, September 14, 2008

GPS

Lesson I: If you don´t rely on god - order a taxi. In Århus most of them are Mercedes Benz!

Lesson II: If you rely on taxi drivers to find the way, you should rather rely on GPS.

So I did and went for my longest taxi ride to reach the wedding of a friend.
I thought GPS was the answer, so I leaned back. But no.
5 minutes to "bride enters the church-time", I found myself in the middle of nowhere with a nervous swearing, sweating taxi driver, desperately looking at a map with absolutely no abillity to read it.

Lesson III: If you rely on GPS, better be sure there is one, or bring your inner scout girl just in case.

I found her and captured the map and the leadership, and got in to the church just in time, where one of my old study-mates from Theology apparently did rely more on god, since he was dressed in black and mild authority - being the pastor to marry my friends.
Sitting there singing from a hymnbook for weak-sighted in a pitch for ultra-sopranos I was moved by the grace of the moment, which was apparent in the air, in the eyes and in words.
The speech was spot on - he did it well. Wine and love. That´s what it´s all about.
Amen.
..and then a touch of Jesus and the wine never comes to an end...

Lesson IIII: Thank god I´m not in his shoes.

No comments:

Followers