Saturday, September 20, 2008

Simplicity

Today I was labeled ”simple”.
An old friend came by while I was surrounded by clusters of fresh French rouge garlic, autum bliss raspberries harvested in the morning, deep purple figs, Fillipa apples and you name all the stuff, that delights me at my absolute favourite greengrocer´s shop Kong Gulerod.
I spend this saturday behind the counter for free and for fun, enjoying for a while to be princess back in business again.How are you, he asked? The answer was sparkling eyes and laughter.
Dear, you´re a simple girl, he said shaking his head at me with a smile.
Yes. These moments are simple. All questions and moods are wiped out, left is raw life. Not the scary version, but a version scented with hosts of Vietnamese coriander, Thai basil, soil and Vanilla, working as a source of life right into my veins.
Simple.
And severe. I want the best.
And I want the world to want it too! That´s the lesson of today, which also tought me how I hate, when the world can´t see, what I can see.
Or when the world is satisfied with less.

Why settle with out-of-season-strawberries from Chile, when there is autum-bliss-raspberries harvested in the morning with a taste of late summer to get right in front of you?
The question for me to be answered is, if I will learn to settle for less...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm... yummy

Andy said...

Couldn't agree with you more Dot. Why settle for less when you can have the best. Especially when it comes to seasonal veggies.

Followers